Opportunities and careers in data science businesses
Relevant Age group: 18 – 25 years.
Ideal participant profile: Undergraduate or post-graduate students, early stage employees of corporates who are interested in taking up roles in Data Science
Minimum educational qualifications: Should have started his/her ungraduated degree. You should be conversant in English and Hindi
Program Objectives: at the end of the program, participants should be able to get a holistic and comprehensive overview of the various opportunities, areas of professional growth and spaces to be able to build a good career in Data Science
- What is Data Science? Basics & fundamentals
- History and timeline of Data Science
- The global market, areas of growth, opportunity and major drivers in this space
- Major case-studies and examples of successful companies & products in Data Science
- Role, Profile, Skills and Job Description of a Data Scientist
- How does one train and get experience in this field?
- Various Roles in a Data Science team and professional opportunities
- Major challenges and issues being faced by Data Science professionals and companies
- Upcoming areas in the Data Science space
- Different tools, technologies, languages and frameworks for Data Science
- Major misconceptions and myths about this field
- What differentiates a good Data Science Professional from an Average one
- What does the job market look like for Data Science professionals in India and Globally
Session led by: Abhishek Bali
Abhishek is the CEO and Co-Founder of ZIGRAM, a Data Asset focussed high impact organization. He has 13+ years of experience and is a senior data solutions leader, with expertise in Data Assets, Data Science and allied technologies. His current work is based on building solutions for specific use-cases & sectors, where data assets, ML/AI and technology applications play a critical role in solving real world problems.
In the past, he has worked on global consulting engagements across organizations like KPMG India, BMR Advisors, Dun & Bradstreet and Axis Bank. He has also worked extensively in the space of Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery Compliance, Third Party Risk, Enterprise Risk Management, Online IP Monitoring, Financial Crimes, New Age Crimes and Fraud Risk.
Fri August 16, 2019 to Sat September 21, 2019
Starts at 10:00 AM - Ends at 4:00 PM
GRMI Institute, Plot No. 88, Sector 44, Institutional Area, Gurgaon